Monday, January 28, 2013

Welcome to The Red Hand of Health

What is The Red Hand of Health?

The Red Hand of Health is a blog intended to share practical and reliable information regarding a variety of physical modalities. These areas may include strength gain, weight loss, weight gain, flexibility, mobility, speed, agility, injury prevention, nutrition, rehabilitation, or general health and well being. Your physical betterment is my main objective. 

There are two reasons why I started this blog. First, I enjoy writing and discussing the above mentioned topics. Through my vast experience in the Sports Performance, Fitness, and Personal Training fields, I believe I have a great deal to share on the topics. 

My second reason for starting a blog is because I am tired of reading and listening to crap. Unfortunately the people who now have the biggest audiences and almost a "cult following" are the people who are successful at marketing themselves. Their growth can often be attributed to their ability to sell themselves irrelevant of how good their information is. As their audiences grow they are often presented the opportunity to partner with businesses to sell and endorse products. This is often done despite no knowledge or real belief in the product they are now so willingly endorsing. This presents readers with a number of issues: 

- Is the "expert" full of crap and just a good salesman?

- Will the information presented to me be helpful?

- Am I reading the right stuff?

These questions are not easily answered, especially by "newbies" to the field. Frequently the answers to the above issues will come with experience and also by trial and error. Both of which takes time. Hopefully The Red Hand of Health can assist in the journey to your physical betterment. 

During the process, I encourage feedback. Comments, questions, and concerns are always welcome. 

Improve You,

RHOH


No comments:

Post a Comment